Saturday, 25 August 2012

The family has arrived

What a beautiful day it turned out to be.  First, Ralph and I played a round of golf at the Tournament Players Course (TPC) and then later in the day Laura, Jay and the girls arrived.  The sun was shining and we had a wonderful day all together.

TPC is an amazing course.  Unfortunately it was soaking wet.  They have had almost 10 inches of rain during the last week and there just isn't anywhere for the water to go. The bunkers are like mini lakes and all you hear as you walk across the fairway is squish, squish, squish.  Many a time, all of us were rewarded with mud splatters all over ourselves.  Even though the conditions were very wet, the golf was amazing.  My drives were long and straight and I wasn't complaining.  We met a nice man from Arkansas whose name was Dave.  He was down for the World Amateur tournament that is starting on Monday.  Myrtle Beach will be very busy with this tournament.



Ralph & Dave talking about the best way to approach a shot.

Wild turkeys....



How do we know when the elevator is coming?

While Laura and I did grocery shopping Jay and Ralph took the girls to the pool.  As you can imagine they were quite anxious to feel the temperature of the water.  We ate out for dinner (pizza) and are now enjoying a relaxing evening all together.  I'm looking forward to spending this time all together.

No comments: