Sunday, 5 August 2012

Golden August

This poem was written in the Faith Manor news letter that Ralph's Dad gave to us today.  I thought it was quite nice.  Written by Elizabeth W. Winstead

There are no words for saying
How dazzling is the view
On golden days in August;
The glowing sun beams true.

I love the month of August -
Her gentle, peaceful breeze,
The bounty of rich farmlands
The brimming orchard tree's.

The year now turns to August,
A glim'ring gold array,
The golden month of sunshine
When blooms add rich display.

Then August spreads the colours
That linger in our eyes
The bloom of golden poppies,
Bright wings of butterflies.

The showers bring rainbows
Bright wonders to behold
Of coral, gold and purple -
A colour-fest, so bold.

At night the moon's bright halo
Shines down from the dark sky;
The golden starlight twinkes
O'er summer's last goodbye.

I hope that everyone enjoys their month of August.  For those who have vacation, sit back and relax and enjoy the beautiful weather because before you know it, the fall and winter will be upon us.

No comments: