Thursday, 12 April 2007

Will this weather ever get any better?

Rain, snow, rain, snow..... when will the weather settle down and allow spring in all's its glory arrive? This weather that we are having sure is frustrating. You simply cannot get any of the work done around the house to prepare for the Stucco. Once again the work has been delayed, however, weather permitting it is only a few days. The big problem is if it rains, we can't remove the siding because you don't want the wood to get wet. Sigh.... I'm happy we decided to do this work now and not in May or June, when the gardens will start to grow vigorously. I have purposely left my front garden bare with the exception of the rose bushes because I'm sure everything will get trampled once the work starts. By having the work done in April, there should be enough time for the plants to recover and still give a nice showing in the summer. Lets keep our fingers crossed that we'll have the house finished by the end of April or early May. So for now, my focus will be inward and I've decided to paint my kitchen. I've cleaned off all the tops of the cupboards and tonight I plan to tape off the ceiling and start priming. We've selected a green paint, that isn't too dark and it isn't too light. It's just in between. I hope that it turns out well. Time will tell. My goal is to have the entire kitchen finished by Saturday. If I prime tonight and tomorrow, I can paint the rest on Saturday. At the very least I can get 1 coat on and then put the 2nd coat on when I return from Laura's. We'll see how far I get. I really was hoping that the outside of the house would be finished in two week so we could start designing the new deck. I guess that will be May's project.

No comments: