Monday, 23 April 2007

What a mess!!











Well, I'm home again and it's looking very much like a construction zone at our house. This weekend, Ralph discovered a huge ant investation in the back wall of the house. He found 8 queen ant's (I'm sure there were more) and they had done quite a bit of damage to the window frames and supporting wood in the walls. So, all the supporting wood around the windows was replaced and so was some of the chipboard as well because of water damage. We have to bring in an exterminator to help make sure that all the ants are gone. We also found carpenter bee damage in by the eve's trough's. Boy those little bugs sure can make a mess. Every room in my house that has a window will need new trim on the inside. Ralph is moving all the windows forward by about 1 inch to make them flush with the stucco. It sure is starting to be a big job. My bedroom will need to have some drywalling done and a new paint job as well.

The dust is everywhere right now. We finally had the hydro reconnected, so at least I can use my vacume cleaner to clean things up. It is pretty messy and dirty in the house. As you can imagine, everything gets tracked inside. It will take awhile, but I'm sure that by later tonight I'll have everything back to normal.

No comments: