Wednesday, 22 January 2020

Pine Lake Golf Tournament

We woke up this morning to a chilly temperature of -1c.  Brrrrr I thought as it was golf tournament day.  Time to layer up to make sure we would be warm.  I had winter golf gloves, a nice woolly hat and 4 layers on.  I was nice and toasty. Ralph also dressed in layers and was nice and warm.   It was also really windy which made the temperature feel colder.  When we got to the course there was a 1/2 hour frost delay. We relaxed with the other golfers and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee.






We were joined by two other gentlemen from the Caribbean Resort - Dick and John.  Both were in their 70's.  Dick had a real sense of humour and made the round fun.  John was more quiet, but we all got along really well.






At the turn we enjoyed some Clam Chowder which was so nice to help take off the chill.  It sure was delicious.



We shot a 68 (2 under par) which we thought was pretty good considering the weather.  After the round we enjoyed a nice buffet lunch and remenised about how much fun we had.  It was a really enjoyable day.

Afterwards we took a walk around Barefoot Landing.  It's been years since we have been here.  There wasn't really that much to see except to note that lots of construction is going on.

We plan to enjoy a relaxing evening with a movie tonight.  I think it will be an early night.


No comments: