This morning I woke up and looked out of the window. Oh it's going to be a beauty today I thought. As I got dressed I wasn't sure if I should go down to the beach or simply stay on the balcony. I haven't been to the beach to take photo's yet and the temperature wasn't exactly inviting. As I waited for the coffee to brew I made up my mind to go down. Todays colours were very promising and the fact that it was so cold (2c) meant that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone walking in front of my camera. So with coffee in hand, riding boots on and my camera firmly mounted to my tripod, off I went. The wind was blowing quite strongly so I had to take my camera strap off to avoid any kind of shake. That done, I settled in and set up my shot. Wow, I thought! This morning is absolutely amazing. The colours were so vibrant. The reds, yellows and blues. I loved how the sun reflected on the sand and water.


Since it was going to be another cold day, we decided to make a nice pot of chilli. As I sat and worked on developing some prints I could smell the chilli cooking in the background. It smelled delicious and made me anticipate having a bowl later today.
This afternoon we decided to go to Huntington Beach to see if any new birds had returned. To our surprise and delight there were many Robins present. The tree’s were filled with them. It was hard to capture them on film but the photo below will give you an idea. They were in many of the trees.
As well, there were hundreds of Cedar Waxwings which were also very difficult to capture on film because they were so small.
We enjoyed watching the Merganser ducks and the marsh regulars. We also saw a Kingfisher but it was a little too far away to capture any detail.
1 comment:
Well, I realize now that I haven't been receiving a notices in my email about your blog and all the time I thought you might be sick because I wasn't seeing any posts! Glad to know that you are not sick and that this is just another blogger glitch. I saw your posts today when I was doing my own blog. Such great photos, Grace! and I love how you are becoming more descriptive in your stories. I understand you'll soon have company down there. Continue to enjoy everything there is to enjoy!
Post a Comment