Sunday, 5 January 2020

Beachcomber

The last couple of days have been quiet ones. The temperature is a little cooler but you can still wear shorts on the balcony and enjoy the warm temperature. Yesterday morning was foggy and rainy but it burned off by mid day. I took a nice long walk along the beach while Ralph relaxed back at the condo. He hasn’t been feeling well as he has caught quite a nasty cold. A couple of restful days and he should be feeling better.






There aren’t as many birds at the beach this year. That’s the first thing I noticed. As well, the shells aren’t quite as easy to find either. That’s ok though as the fun is in the hunting that goes with finding them. I’ve found a few beauties already which I am quite happy with. After lunch today I went out for a while to stroll along the beach. As I was walking I bent down to pick up a shell and as I did so I felt something on my shoulder. Thinking it was Ralph coming out to join me and figuring he left his hand on my shoulder I reached over to lightly brush it away. Imagine my shock when I felt feathers instead of skin and as I looked over I was peering right into the eyes of a pigeon. It scared me half to death. I can laugh about it now but it came as such a shock. To make matters worse, this silly bird persisted on trying to sit on my shoulder every time I bent down to pick something up. It was successful 3 times. I felt like the bird lady from Alcatraz. I finally had to run after it to chase it away.

The ocean is very calm today and making these beautiful swirling patterns in the sand. It’s almost a little hypnotic to watch and the patterns are so pretty.

Wave patterns

Mesmerized by the beautiful sun



Local residents

Patterns in the sand

Almost looks like a turtle. 



The above sunsets were from Saturday.  There really wasn't much tonight as there were no clouds in the sky to add any contrast.  I find it hard to believe that we have been gone for a week already. Oh how the time flies by quickly.  

No comments: