Well we're down to the wire now... 7 days left before we leave on our long planned vacation. I have two more days of work left and then I can spend a few extra days destressing and relaxing before our adventure begins.
I've been watching the weather forecast daily.... It sure does change day by day. I'm praying that we don't get snow on our drive down to Buffalo. Right now the forecast is set for a clear day BUT they are calling for snow on the following day. Sure enough, that's when our plane is scheduled to leave. Ah well, time will tell. We have a 2.5 hour lay over in Atlanta so if our plane is delayed because of weather, we still might make our connection. That is one of the joys of travelling in the winter.
I've got clothes in my suitcase already. While I'm not yet totally settled on what I want to bring, I wanted to make sure that I have room. We're dressing for all sorts of weather, hot, cool, cold and warm depending on where we are. What to bring? That is the question!! I don't want to bring too much because we usually end up buying something and then there's not enough room in the suitcase!
My coupon book arrived today! I ordered this on line. It is full of coupons which will give you savings from various restaurants and stores and of particular interest the ferry that we need to take to Catalina Island. They have a $9.50 off coupon valid for up to 4 adults on the ferry which is pretty good as it gives you 25% off the ferry price. I was a little surprised at how expensive it was to get there, but I guess with the price of gas etc we need to expect that. It's a 22 mile boat drive. I'm really looking forward to the trip and seeing this Island... It's more curiousity than anything else, but it seems so remote and yet so appealing. I hope we aren't dissapointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment