Wednesday, 19 March 2008

No more sleeps!!

Well today is it!! It's finally here.... The day we've been waiting and planning for, for 2 years. Hip, Hip, Hooray!! Ralph woke me up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to drive him to work. Funny how it doesn't seem early when you're planning on going away today!! I'm sure I heard the birds singing as we were getting in the car.

All of Oakley's stuff is packed in the back of the truck and he's ready for his visit with Henry, Yolande and their children. He can tell that somethings going on, but he isn't sure... He keeps following me around the house, looking for missing toys and of course his missing bed.... hmmmm he must be wondering...

We took him yesterday for his shots. I think he's a little off today because of them. Ralph said he didn't really want to run the whole distance this morning. They usually run anywhere from 5-8k three times a week. I'm sure that his hind legs must be a little sore because they put the needles right into the muscles. It will be a day of adjustments for Oakley. I'm sure he'll do fine and it will be great to go and play with Holly, Megan, Ryan and Amber...Oakley will be in his glory...

Sandra and I are going for breakfast this morning. Then we'll pick up Oakley and head north to drop him off. Sandra is staying with Ed and Janice for the next couple of weeks so I'll drop her off there.

Then, once everyone else is home from work - we're off. We plan to drive to Buffalo and have dinner there. We'll get a good sleep tonight to help prepare us for the busy weekend! The weather is suppose to be nice and warm (in the mid 70's) so it will be a refreshing change from what we've been experiencing.

Check the blog periodically and if I'm able, I'll update it from an Internet cafe in one of the hotels...

Talk to you all in a couple of weeks.

No comments: