The forecast for today was predicting some rain but nice warm temperatures. The weather station indicated that we might reach record high temperatures. Oh how exciting. I didn't expect much with respect to a sunrise as the forecast was for cloudy skies all day. When I woke up this morning and looked out of the window I was amazed at how much fog there was. I guess it makes sense that when the temperature above the ocean is warm, it will cause the fog to form.
On the beach I could hear the gulls making their noises but I couldn't see them. Thats how thick the fog was. By 7:00 a.m. I decided to head out and see what it looked like outside. It seemed that the fog might be lifting somewhat so I was curious to see how it would be captured with my camera.
By the time I came inside, Ralph was awake and ready to join me for a coffee. We decided it would be nice to head out to the Pier so I could take some pictures and he would take his walk. It was still quite foggy when we got there which I was pretty excited about. Ralph left me by the Pier and I spent the next hour delighting in my hobby and also doing a little shelling as well. I found another Sea Urchin which I can't wait to see as it is quite large. It now out on my balcony drying so that the spines will fall off and the flies can eat the meat inside.
Before lunch, I went out for a walk along the beach. While I was out, Ralph spotted some dolphins in the water.; He got a great shot of one of them.
After lunch, we decided to go to Huntington Beach for a while to photograph the birds and also hoped see a sunset. While we were there, the weather changed significantly and we could tell that rain was on its way. We were still able to spend some time enjoying the birds before heading to the condo for a relaxing evening.
















No comments:
Post a Comment