Tuesday, 4 February 2020

What a day for a daydream

With the help of the alarm I was up early this morning.  I didn't want to have a repeat of yesterday and wanted to be up, dressed and enjoying a coffee before heading down to the beach.  Well I was up and dressed, and pouring my coffee when I saw that the sky was becoming a majestic red colour.  Oh my, it's getting earlier and earlier each day.  With coffee in hand (thank goodness for plastic Starbucks cups) and my tripod and camera in the other I raced out to capture the sun.  Initially I had planned to stay behind the grasses and fence and play around with capturing the pictures there, but the sunrise was just too pretty not to focus on that first.  I think I was one of the first out on the beach but it wasn't long before others came out as well to enjoy the beautiful morning.  I met up with John and Grace as they set out for their morning walk.  It was a perfect temperature for exercise.  We chatted for a while before they headed off and I continued taking pictures.  I was very pleased with todays results.




Afterwards I went back to our condo where Ralph spoiled me with a lovely breakfast.  He certainly takes care of me.  I am truly blessed to have him as my husband.  We enjoyed a relaxing coffee and then headed to Huntington Beach as the low tide was in the morning which is the best time to see the birds.  While at Huntington Beach I talked to a few fellow photographers and learned that there are "Blue Birds" in the park and that across the street at Brookgreen Gardens there are several Owls which apparently are easily spotted.  I'm hoping that we can check out both while we are here this month.

We were blessed to see the Eagle who flew directly overhead of us.  What a thrill that is.  Otherwise, it was relatively quiet.  We went for a walk to the other pond and saw a few alligators (small ones) and a baby Night Shade Heron.  That was pretty interesting and exciting to see.














Overall we had a great day.  We topped it off with having lunch at our favourite "Grilled Cheese" restaurant.  I think I'm going to have to double up my walking for the next couple of days to remove these excess calories but oh was it worth it!!

1 comment:

Arja said...

Grace, your photos are breath-taking! You seem to be improving every day! I just love them!