Tuesday, 3 May 2011

First day of ladies league


Looking out of the window, I utter a deep sigh.  Will this rain ever stop?  I'm not optimistic that we'll get a round of golf in today.  I wait and wait and wait to see if it's going to stop.  A drizzle, hmm, maybe it's starting to clear?  I called Grace, Arja, Teresa and Melinda.  So what do you think?  Should we give it a try?  Why not was the response.  Melinda decided not to go, we understand perfectly - who would want to golf in this weather!  We met at the course at 5:00 p.m.  Yes, Ladies League is on and yes, you are free to go out!  How many other women have tee'd off ahead of us we ask?  No one.  No one??  Hmm, is it possible that we are the only ones crazy enough to give it a try?  It would appear so.  The rain has mostly stopped, more of a fine mist now, so we're ready to go.  It did rain on and off while we were out on the course, but nothing bad enough to stop us.  There was a few competitions, that the four of us were playing for... closest to the pin, longest drive, secret hole and I think best score.  Hopefully they will divide the prizes amongst us all as we were all troopers to give it a try.  It was fun! Wet, but fun!  We were looking forward to  a nice warm drink when we got back, but everything was closed, so off we went to Tim Hortons on Highway 400.  We enjoyed a light dinner and recalled the highlights of our game.  It was a nice first night out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grace, you are to nice. You should have mentioned you won longest drive, closest to pin, low net and scored 5 points to put yourself in the lead ahead of all us. Great time was had.

Teresa