Thursday, 8 April 2010

Hmmmm, I'll make that mistake again


















It's Thursday night around 10:00 p.m. We arrive at the Hampton and request our "pre-registered" room. I'm told that there isn't a reservation for us? That's funny, I made the reservations well in advance so off Ralph went to the car to pull out the papers. Can you believe it, I booked us for yesterday :-(. Boy did I feel silly. Not to worry though, the front desk was very accomodating and gave us a suite instead of a regular room all for my original booking price. Wasn't that nice! A great way to start our vacation.



We had fun shopping at Grove City Outlet Mall. It's huge!! There are so many stores and everything except bathing suits are tax free. I wish we had more time to shop, but it's nice to know that it's only a 5 hour drive from Toronto, so we can always comes back and spend a weekend. Ralph found a new pair of glasses at the Oakley store and I was able to get two nice summer tank tops as well. It was fun and relaxing walking through the big shopping center.



Tomorrow morning we're going to go to Reyer's - North America's largest shoe store. I read that they also have Brighton Jewellery so it's sure to be a fun morning. Then we'll point the truck south and continue on to Myrtle Beach.



Our drive down to Grove City was not bad, but we had rain all the way. The temperature fluctuated from 41 to 51F. Hopefully it will warm up soon. We still have about 12 hours of driving to go.



It sure is nice to be on vacation.

No comments: