Wednesday, 14 April 2010

A great day at Long Bay!















































What a course. If you have never golfed Long Bay - make it something to do as part of your bucket list. This is a Jack Nicholas designed course and one you will remember for a very long time. This course is designed for 2nd shot accuracy, or iron play. You have to have control of your irons and know where to place your shot. The greens and fairways are surrounded by sand bunkers and sometime water. It's unbelievable. You look at the hole and wonder where you are going to place your shot. If you think you can make it, don't try because if you miss, you'll be in a bunker and will have to face giant sand walls (sometimes you have to climb a ladder to get out).

Ralph and I just loved this course and will definately go back to this one.

We golf with two guys from New York - just below Cornwall. Chris and Pat were here with their families and were only golfing once this week. They were fun to golf with and we had a good time all together. My game was good, and I scored the best I've ever done by shooting a 96. Ralph shot a 94 today. I was thrilled that I was able to keep my shots mostly in the fairway and I think that this helped.

We weren't able to do our pictures today and they've been rescheduled for Thursday at 6:00 p.m. The weather isn't the best - it's very overcast and threatening to rain so the photographer suggested that we wait for another day.

No comments: