Thursday, 5 July 2007

OUCH!!




I fell off the deck today. It was quite by accident and I'm so thankful that Anne was with me or I might have been stuck. We were outside looking at the garden and were on our way back into the house. As you may not be aware, we are missing about 1.5 feet of the deck between that and the house because of the Stucco work. Walking inside - I had just stepped with my left foot into the kitchen when my right foot slipped forward. I hit my right shoulder against the door and somehow jammed my left thumb in an effort to stop the fall but down I went. I had 1 leg in the kitchen and one dangling halfway down. I got a pretty nasty scrape on my leg from the concrete. I'm sure without Anne's help I wouldn't have been able to get up. My leg is pretty stiff and sore, but I think my thumb on my left hand feels worse. Maybe because you use your thumb all the time? Ah well, hopefully it won't hurt my golf game today, but if so, I've got an excuse...

No comments: