Wednesday, 18 July 2007

My final days of Kidney tests...


As many of you may recall, I have been participating in a Kidney research study that is trialling a medication that will help stop proteins from leaking into your blood system. I have been taking a new medication for the past eight weeks. On Monday and Tuesday of this week, I spent two days at Toronto General Hospital while they conducted the final tests of the study. It was interesting to see the Ultrasound of my artery in my arm and watch the blood flow following different conditions (with a tight arm band on, after a dose of Nitro Glycerin etc). The doctors told me that they were very happy with the pictures that they were able to get and it would be helpful for their study. I will find out about the results in October and at that point in time will also know if I was taking the drug or a placebo. It was an interesting experience. The above photo is a view that I had from my bed...

No comments: