Friday, 4 January 2019

Hello Myrtle Beach

We've been here now for a few days and have settled in nicely.  Yesterday evening we went to a dinner at the Sea Captains House which was hosted by the Caribbean Resort.  We met many long term guests who have been coming here for years.  They were so welcoming sharing their experiences on the first time they came down to escape winter.  We enjoyed a very lovely dinner and felt really welcomed.

Our days have been spent walking the beach (getting 10,000+) steps in along with shelling (me), reading and enjoying the hot tub.  There are aerobic's classes in the pool twice a week which I think I might join and Ralph has been invited to play poker (which he doesn't think he'll go to - lol).  We've been educated on how to book golf and get great deals and the best places to eat out for ridiculously cheap prices (or so we're being told).  We've been enjoying eating in and doing our own cooking although getting out once or twice is nice as well. The ladies hold a craft evening every Monday - I'll have to check this out as well and see what they're working on.

We finally made it to the Grilled Cheese and Crab Cake restaurant for the absolutely best grilled cheese sandwiches ever.  Yummy!  These are the best we have ever tasted.  Ralph had the grilled cheese with lobster and I had the grilled cheese BLT.  My mouth waters just thinking about it.

With all the walking we have been doing, I'm finding my muscles are pretty sore.  I guess that comes from all the bending (picking up shells) and walking in the sand that is stretching muscles I haven't used in a while. We plan to start working out at the gym since it is available to us.  We'll alternate the gym and walking to add some variety.

The shelling has been great so far. I'm very surprised at the number of shells I have been able to find. I wasn't expecting that at all given that it's the winter season.  The olive shells are very plentiful and the larger shells are so exciting to find we never see them in October. The sharks teeth are plentiful (I'm told) and I've tried to encourage Ralph to try to find some.  We're in our happy place right now and enjoying this time away.




Most mornings have been foggy so we haven't seen too many sunrises but this weekend is suppose to improve so I'm looking forward to getting out with my camera.


No comments: