Tuesday, 3 October 2017

Myrtlewood Golf Resort

Today we woke up bright and early for our round at Myrtlewood Golf Resort.  Our first stop was at the Sea Captains House where we enjoyed a lovely warm breakfast.  One thing that we have observed is that there is a significantly lower number of golfers here this year.  Normally we eat in a very crowded restaurant with golfers happily talking about their upcoming round. Today there was no one there.  It was very surprising.  We noticed this at the golf courses as well.  They have all been pretty quiet.

An empty Sea Captains House

The golf course itself appeared to be pretty busy, but we observed that it was mostly locals (ladies league) that were there.

We enjoyed a lovely round of golf in the morning.  It started off quite chilly but warmed up quickly.  Today, Ralph, Teresa and I were all playing our game balls.  Sadly it wasn't our best day to play a game ball so few points were earned.  We still had lots of fun.  My back was getting progressively more sore as the game progressed and when we started the back 9, I was hardly able to bend down to pick up my ball.  Thankfully Lawrence came to the rescue with some "medicine" in his flask and after a few "slookies" the pain started to subside.  Thank you Lawrence!  It hurt so much at one point in time that I thought I was going to throw up. When I got back to the condo I took a few muscle relaxants which have definitely helped.  Golf was fun and we all laughed a lot and enjoyed ourselves.








These ducks were very curious and we looking for food.  They tended to get underfoot and I almost tripped over one!!







This evening we did the daily competition.  Ralph won again with Lawrence very close behind.  It was a tie which was decided by the best score on a hole on the back "9".  Congratulations once again to Ralph for playing another good round.




No comments: