Sunday, 8 October 2017

Homeward bound

Sadly today is the day that we are heading for home.  Ralph and I were up early and went down to the beach to take a few pictures of the sun rising.  It was a beautiful morning.  As we were photographing the sun coming up, I envisioned several people coming to the beach with chairs and a a coffee.  I was envious of them and the opportunity to sit and enjoy the beauty that God has given us.  I wished that I could sit there (if only for an hour) to enjoy the sun, feel the warm wind on my face and listen to the birds take enjoyment of the new day.










We had the truck all packed by 7:45 and went down for breakfast.  We were on the road by 8:45 and arrived in Morgantown, West Virginia by 6:30.  The drive was good, although we did experience rain along the way.  I was happy for the rain as I didn't feel as bad leaving with rain along the way than if it was sunny and warm.  The temperature was still really nice (25c) and it was still 22c when we arrived in Morgantown.

During the drive here, I worked on developing my "bird" pictures.  I think I worked on them for about 8 hours (and I'm still not finished). I'm happy with the results.













It's the end of a very lovely and relaxing vacation.  I'm sad that it's over.  

View while driving through the mountains in West Virginia.

No comments: