Monday, 27 February 2017

Waimeia Canyon, Surfing and Sunset cruise

Today we were up early (4:00 a.m.) and on the road by 5:00 to see the Waimeia Canyon.  It's about a 1.5 hour drive to get there.  The canyon is massive and quite something too see.




After breakfast we saw the surfers enjoying themselves.









Then we were off on our Sunset Whale Watching cruise.  It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced.  We saw 8 breaches.








Baby Humpback imitating it's mother.

A gorgeous view of the coastline.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day. So jealous of missing that whale watching cruise. Even a rainbow at the end. Enjoy your final day of touring. I am assuming today is waterfalls day. Can't wait to hear all about it.


Teresa

Anonymous said...

Wow!Wow! Fantastic pictures of the whales breaching. That must have been so exciting to see. I love the rainbow pic
Ralph

Arja said...

What a busy day you had! Fantastic shots, Grace. Thanks for sharing.

Ron Helmus said...

Wow, with all these beautiful things happening, fresh air, hikes and getting great shots. Girl you must be getting tired . LOL