Sunday, 27 September 2015

Lunar Eclipse - September 27

After the afternoon church service, I went home and got changed and drove down to the Lakeshore.  I wanted to find a good spot to capture pictures of the Lunar eclipse.  I was amazed at how many people had the same idea as I did.  Parking was a challenge but I was finally able to find a spot. 

I had packed a light dinner as I knew it would be a long night.  I was optimistic that we were going to have a nice night with clear skies.  Sadly I was wrong. The first glimpse of the moon was around 8:30 as the clouds parted.  I didn't see it come up at all which was disappointing.  Sadly the cloud cover got heavier and heavier so I finally gave up.  I did get a few pictures so it wasn't a lost night.









No comments: