Tuesday, 8 September 2015

Labour Day weekend

It's been quite some time since I updated my blog so I thought I would post about our weekend.

This weekend Ralph and I went to NOTL on Saturday and spent a nice couple of hours investigating the area. Our main purpose was to go to The Pie Plate as we promised to bring some pies to Fred and Anna's when we came for dinner on Saturday evening.  We did a little shopping at the Outlet Mall and enjoyed a nice lunch at Peninsula Lakes.  It was a nice relaxing day.

On Monday morning we were up early and picked up Lawrence and Teresa at 5:30.  We were off to Owen Sound to play a round at Cobble Beach.  What a challenging course.  I always forget how difficult their greens are.  The ground is a little spongy as you walk on them and the ball certainly doesn't run the way you expect it to.  While my game wasn't the greatest, the company was and we all had a great time. It was  beautiful day wit the breeze blowing nicely off Georgian Bay.  We played 27 holes and were refreshed with a little rain on the last two of them.  We topped off our round with dinner at the course.  I'll have to remember that the Mussel's are really good here. We'll have to try them again.












No comments: