Sunday, 20 September 2015

Family Golf - Horseshoe Valley - Valley Course

Yesterday we had our annual family golf tournament.  Many of us met for breakfast at Sunset Grill in Barrie first thing in the morning.  We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast all together before heading to the course.  Our tee time was planned for 11:00 a.m. and there was 12 of us golfing.  It was a good turn out and we were all excited to be out enjoying the beautiful course.  A friend of Henry and Yolande came along with us this year.  Paul Van Stralen - who is the Pastor of Springdale church was happy to come along and fill one empty space that we had. 



The course was very challenging and narrow.  Sadly I lost many balls (probably about a dozen) and I spent a lot of time in the woods looking for them.  I did find about 8 to replace those that I lost.  It rained a fair bit while we were golfing but we were prepared with rain suits so that didn't bother us much.  







It was fun with be with everyone.  We had a nice bbq at Yolande and Henry's afterward.  Mom, Justin, Sandra, Sean and Rene Van Stralen and her family all joined us for dinner. 

It was a wonderful day.

No comments: