Monday, 3 February 2025

Making up for lost time - January 27 - February 2

Monday morning was drab and rainy. The positive part of the rain what that it melted the snow away getting the courses ready to open again.  We took advantage of the quiet day and did a little grocery shopping so we had something to prepare golfing lunches with. 

We have scheduled golf for Wednesday (Blackmoor), Thursday (Meadowlands) and Friday (Rivers Edge).



On Tuesday we went to Huntington and walked to the Jetti. I saw the mink for the first time there. It came out while Ralph and I were enjoying lunch at the beach side of the Jetti. I was so excited that I spoke too loudly telling Ralph it was there and scared it into hiding so no photograph was taken.  We had walked here in search of skimmers and ? but we didn't see any. We did however enjoy the pelicans flying by. We later walked to the causeway and stayed only for a short while as there wasn't many birds present. 









We finished our week by visiting the Eagles again.  It's always fun seeing them fly around and also seeing how the Eaglet is growing.  We only saw it once as it was very windy and a little cooler. Much to our surprise we saw the two eagle mating.  Are they planning on hatching laying  more eggs?  I love how you see the feather in the air in the below picture.








While we were there a pair of Red Tail Hawks were also flying around.  They were quite high in the sky but it was so beautiful to see the sun reflecting off the red of their feathers.




Sunday morning was pretty overcast, however we were still able to enjoy some  beautiful views from our balcony.




After church I went for a long walk along the beach. My collection of sharks teeth is growing although many of them are small.  Ralph stayed in and worked on our puzzle. It was cooler today but nice for walking. 













No comments: