Tuesday, 6 February 2024

Clear skies - January 29 - February 4, 2024

We woke up to a beautiful and clear sky today. The temperature was around 15 by the afternoon. We decided to spend the day at Holden beach searching for sharks teeth, shells and sea biscuits. We enjoyed a nice lunch at the beach and had a long walk. The perfect way to spend the day. On the way home we enjoyed a snack at World of Beer.  








Tuesday was a quiet day for us. I walked the beach a few times and also tried my hand at water colour painting. There are lots of YouTube videos showing the technique but I do find that many of the artists don't provide a lot of detail. For me, I think I'll be learning for the next while through trial and error lol. 






Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all golf days.  We played rounds at Myrtle Beach National, Myrtlewood and Wild wing.  It was fun.  We got to see plenty of wildlife at the courses which we all enjoy.  



To finish off the week we went to see how the young Eaglets were growing.  It's amazing how large they are getting.  We expect that they will fledge before we go home which would be exciting see.  I don't think I've ever seen really young eagles flying around so I look forward to that.


Throughout the week we were blessed with some amazing sunrises.  I just loved the colours in the sky.  It is a perfect way to start the day.








The week was finished with a short trip to Huntington Beach where Ralph and I both had a new birding lifer!!  We saw both the Sora and a Virginia Rail.  It was so exciting.  Both birds are very skittish and very difficult to capture on film.  It was a fun afternoon.













No comments: