Monday, 29 January 2024

From -4 to 24c- January 22-28, 2024



Monday morning was a chilly one. As I went to the beach to photograph the sunrise I had an opportunity to talk to the security guard at the condo and encouraged him to take a peak out of the door. He was amazed at the colour and thought that because they were calling for rain, it would be a wet a dreary morning.   How wrong he was. I do find the pictures are nicer at the beach level and I plan to take every opportunity to enjoy doing this.

I met up with John and Grace who were out for a walk. The temperatures gradually got nicer as the day progressed and I was able to enjoy a nice walk in the afternoon.  We enjoyed a nice sunset as well.  What a blessing it is to stay by the beach and enjoy God's majesty and beauty.



We were blessed with another beautiful sunrise on Tuesday morning. I hope I never take these beautiful mornings for granted.  



We had a round of golf planned for the afternoon at Litchfield so we decided to leave early and go to Murrell's Inlet and see what changes had taken place since last year and also to enjoy some delicious coffee.  There is a coffee truck (Brown Fox) there that makes an amazing cup and we always enjoy one when we visit.  I was surprised at the number of egrets and heron that were there. Lawrence and Teresa went there as well as they also like to go for a walk there.  Afterwards we spent a short time at Huntington Beach killing time while we waited for our golf round tee time.  



On Wednesday we decided to see how the eaglets were doing.  We met up with our friend Rick there and had a nice little chat.  There were a few photographers all gathered at the lake waiting for one of the eagles to return to the nest with food while the other stood by and watched over the babies.  They are around 3 weeks old now.  Amazing how fast the time goes.  After a while the other photographers left and Ralph and I hung around.  There wasn't much bird activity but enough to keep us engaged.  We saw a beautiful red tailed hawk which I was able to capture and when the other eagle arrived, Ralph was able to get some great shots.  I had wondered closer up the road to see if I could get a better shot and ultimately was in the wrong place at the time the eagle arrived.  We were there about 3 hours. It was a beautiful day so we had no complaints.








Can you see the two little heads on the left side of the nest?



We woke up to a very foggy morning on Thursday.  It must be the change in weather.  We had another round of golf planned for the afternoon at Burning Ridge.  It's a nice course and was in good condition.  Since it was room cleaning day we left early and spent time browsing at the Outlet Mall and Golf store prior to our game.  It was a nice afternoon and the temperature was beautiful. We did get some rain while golfing but it was a drizzle and nothing bad.

It was really foggy again on Friday morning when we woke up. We were surprised how it dissipated as soon as we left the beach area.  We had heard that the Cedar Waxwings had arrived at the park so we packed a lunch and headed back to Huntington. There wasn't very many birds around today.  You never know one day from the next.  We saw a female merganser enjoying a bath and an osprey came by to do a little fishing.  Because of the warmer temperatures we have been having the last few days the alligators have also started coming out.  We also found two Black Crowned Herons deep in the marsh along the straight road.  It's funny because we walked right by without seeing them.  It just shows that you need to take your time and open your eyes.  








While we were at the park, the fog started rolling in again.  We walked to the beach to have a look and I was surprised at how dense it was.  




We had another foggy morning on Saturday.  I guess that's the joys of living by the ocean.  

Early morning sunrise

In the afternoon (just after lunch), I was sitting on the balcony enjoying a cold cup of water and basking in the sun.  Within an hour it went from bright beautiful sunlight to the thickest fog ever.  It was pretty amazing how fast the fog moved in,  The beach stayed foggy for most of the day,






We enjoyed a quiet day on Sunday.  It was a little cooler but still nice for walking the beach in the afternoon.  I've started to find more sharks teeth as well.  The last week there has hardly been any shells washing up.  It's amazing how things change at the beach.




No comments: