Monday, 16 January 2023

Myrtle Beach - January 9 - 15

We are slowly starting to feel better.  Monday we went golfing at Pawley's Plantation.  I love this course as it is so scenic and challenging.  My first 9 holes were horrible. Thankfully Ralph shared with me what I was doing wrong on the back 9 and I shaved 16 strokes of my score.  I need to keep that stored in my memory bank - don't bend your arm when swinging.  It sure helped, increased my accuracy and my distance....now if I could only putt better lol.  Oh well, one step at a time.

After golf we went to Huntington Beach State Park to enjoy the birds.  It was pretty quiet at the park but we still had fun.  The tide was going out and it's the perfect time for them to catch fish.  The herons go for the larger fish while the Egret goes for the smaller mullets. The cormorants aren't fussy and will catch whatever they can.  




We've been blessed again this week with some amazing sunrises.  There is nothing more beautiful than standing in awe of God's majestic displayed in the heavens.






We spent another day at Huntington to enjoy the birds.  They never disappoint.  





The past two weeks a few of my photos received recognition through groups that I belong to on Facebook.  One is a  group of photographers from all around the world who share their work and the other is from Huntington Beach.  They are very nice groups to belong to and encourage their members which makes it more fun to participate in. I love looking at all the submissions on a weekly basis.




This past weekend the weather has been pretty chilly.  It still is nice to walk along the beach but I needed to be dressed warmly as the wind was cold.  I'm still finding sharks teeth but the big ones are eluding me right now. 

We welcomed John and Grace who have arrived safely.  We'll be planning some rounds of golf in the next week as the weather starts to warm up.  


No comments: