Monday we started the week off by going to Huntington Beach. We spent about 4 hours enjoying the park. The birds were more active today and we got to watch their fishing skills. This pond is certainly full of fish and there was plenty for all the birds.
There was a good variety of birds out as well. I was surprised at the number of Mergansers that were there. They were really active and fun to watch. We were also happy to see that the Waxwings were still actively flying around.
I went down to the beach to photograph the sunrise earlier in the week. It looked like it was going to be one of those "wow" sunrises, but in the end I was disappointed. It seemed to fizzle out rather than the colours really starting to "pop". It's pretty hazy so that might have been the problem.
We golfed on Wednesday at Aberdeen with John and Grace. It turned out to be a beautiful day. We were welcomed to the course by this Hawk who was resting on the flag pole. He was a beauty.
Thursday we enjoyed a round of golf at Litchfield. It was a beautiful day. In the afternoon we went to Huntington Beach. It was pretty quiet there so we didn't stay that long. Sadly my cough was getting worse and later that evening I came down with a fever. Ralph and I both tested positive for Covid. Not sure how we got it but it kept us quiet for the rest of the week
The gator (above) was on the golf course. It's so early in the year to be seeing them. You sure have to be careful when looking for your ball around water.
1 comment:
Hopefully the waxwings and mergansers will be around when we get there.
Post a Comment