I am not a fan of wasps or hornets. I know that God placed them here on earth and they have a purpose but they give me goosebumps when I see them.
I went back to the park by Burnhamthorpe today with the hope of seeing a hummingbird. It came and went by so quickly that no photograph was taken. It was also pretty windy making it challenging to photograph the flowers. As I was walking around I spied a hornets? nest. It was very active with lots of hornets or wasps going to and fro. I set up my camera and tripod (far away) and attempted to get shots of the activity. The nest was amazing and so beautiful in its intricacy. It was constantly being worked on. I thought I would do a little research to see if I could learn some more. This nest is a "hornets" nest. Below is a link on how they are built. It's actually very interesting.
I spent about an hour and a half watching them. It's amazing how fast they are. I set my shutter speed at the fastest it would go and my ISO to auto letting the camera make the selection. I think I'll need to do a bit of research to see how I can get a clearer picture.

I am very thankful for the summer flowers. It gives me something to challenge myself with. I hope you to are blessed with God's beautiful creation around you.








1 comment:
Beautiful photos, Grace.
Post a Comment