We enjoyed breakfast all together and then went to church. We enjoyed a good sermon this morning on 1Peter 3:1-7 and I was thankful that we were able to attend and hear the message all together.
After a nice lunch we each went our separate ways and spent the afternoon enjoying some quiet time. I chose to walk along the beach with my camera. Ralph went for a walk along the beach and Laura along with the family spent time at the beach and in the pool.
The day was overcast and pretty windy. The ocean was quite rough and there were red flags flying at the lifeguard station. As I was walking along the shore, a rogue wave came up and almost knocked me off my feet. As it was, I was soaked "waste high" with sand all over me. I was so surprised but appreciate the warnings that they give to be "cautious" when the ocean is as active as it was. After that I chose to walk higher on the beach.
I enjoyed my walk and when I came back I saw Jay and Hailey in the ocean enjoying the surf. They were later joined by Jordan and Brody. It was fun photographing them.
After dinner we went back to the beach to enjoy the last part of the day. Ralph, Jay and the kids were jumping off the shelf of sand created by the high surf. We were all quite shocked as the sand gave way under Ralph's feet and he landed on his back side. Ouch!! I think he is going to be quite sore in the morning.






















No comments:
Post a Comment