Sunday, 7 January 2018

Frosted Window Panes

This past week I noticed frost building up on my bathroom window (south facing).  It was quite pretty and I kept thinking to myself that I should set up my camera and try to photograph it.  Ideally I needed a black background to mask out the noise behind the frost but I wasn't too keen on taking the window and screens out with this cold weather not to mention that I might not be able to get them back in properly and then I'd be in big trouble with Ralph.  He usually is pretty good with my escapades but he draws the line when it means making the house cold.

On Saturday morning I was up early so I decided to give it a try. It's really difficult to get the colours right and I'm hoping my photography course will help me with that but I'm still pretty happy with how some if the pictures turned out.

I'm glad I took them yesterday as this morning all the frost was gone.






1 comment:

Arja said...

I love frosted windows! We don't get them in this house. I love your photos of the frost!