Sunday, 2 July 2017

Madoc - O'Hara Mill and Homestead


Today I went to church in  Frankford  I listened to a really good sermon on the importance of praising our God.  Pastor Michael Bootsma is a very interesting man to listen to and I really enjoyed this mornings message. Three things that I want to remember is that in everything, everywhere and all the time we should be praising God regardless of what is happening.  Do we spend enough time Praising God in front of our children?  If we as parents don't sing praises to our God or tell of his greatness, why do we expect our children to love God?  What kind of example are we??

This is such a nice warm and welcoming church.  It was nice to talk to people I had met at the funeral from Ed and I really felt their love for Christine.  What a blessing for her.



Christine's doctor decided to keep her in the hospital for another day and we thought it might be best for her to have a quiet day resting.  I decided to go and explore the O'Hara Mill and Homestead Conservation area.  This is run by volunteers and is really beautiful.  It's a short drive from Frankford and since the weather was nice (not raining) I decided to go check it out.  I wasn't disappointed and I'm glad I brought my camera.  They had an old mill there and old log homes.  It's nice place for a walk.














1 comment:

Arja said...

Looks like a really pretty place! Enjoy your time with Christine. May you be a blessing to her.