I woke up with a start!!! It was 7:15 and we were scheduled to start our round at 7:35ish... Not so with the current weather situation. I called down to the golf team and was told that all courses were closed today due to the bad weather. Many courses were flooded and they wouldn't attempt to open until tomorrow or Wednesday We rescheduled today's round at Thistle to Saturday afternoon after our round at Sandpiper in the morning. We'll be finishing the week with 36 holes. I hope that the weather improves. Tomorrows round was cancelled as well so we decided to take a raincheck as we didn't know when else to schedule it. We're playing in north Myrtle Beach, south Myrtle Beach and North Carolina on this trip and it was just too much juggling of our schedules. Later in the day, we got a call from the golf specialists asking if we were interested in playing at The Pearl in North Carolina as they would be open and were taking golfers who were suppose to play at Crow Creek where we were originally booked. We decided to give it a try knowing that the course will be really wet, but at least we'll get a round in. We'll change some of the rules for the games we have planned and Teresa and I also agreed that we wouldn't "wear white" knowing that we'll be kicking up a lot of dirt during our round. We'll bring along a change of clothes for after the game as well. We're all pretty excited about the upcoming round. We've played at The Pearl before, so we know what to expect. It's going to be fun!!
Today, I went out for a nice walk along the beach looking for seashells. I love doing this and take the opportunity to relax and reflect on many things.. While out there, I thought about the last time I was here with my grandchildren looking for shells. I missed them today as I know they would have had a great time. I could hear them saying "here's one Oma" and oh look at this one. ... it's so beautiful.
 |
| Still have dark skies with rain every so often |
 |
| The blue skies are starting to peek through |
 |
| A man on the beach found these shark teeth. Wow, I was so surprised. |
 |
| My collection of shells found during my walk |
At around noon we decided to go out and do some shopping. We were quite surprised to find that about 60% of the stores at the Outlet Mall were closed due to "bad weather". We then decided to go to a regular mall and found the same thing. So, not much shopping was done. After we got back to the Condo, Teresa and I went out walking along the beach again. We were blessed with a beautiful rainbow.
 |
| A reminder of God's everlasting covenant |
We enjoyed dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant called Abuelo's - the food was really good here and we're sure to go there again. We finished the evening relaxing and watching a video (Aloha) . We're looking forward to another fun day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment