I've been a bit behind in my blog and my friend Claudia reminded me that it was time for some more updates so here I go!
We spent a quiet weekend for Thanksgiving doing the usual stuff, golfing, eating and sleeping. We golfed on Saturday with Teresa and Lawrence in the Niagara area at a course called Thundering Waters. It's a John Daley designed course with lots of long rolling holes. It was a windy and cool day, but we still had fun. I'd love to play this course again on a nice summer day to see if I would play it better. I discovered when we got there that I had grabbed the wrong shoe bag (much to my chagrin) and had taken a pair of Ralph's shoes instead of mine. That's the 2nd time this summer that I have arrived at a course without shoes. I have quite a selection now at home.
On Thanksgiving day, we enjoyed a nice dinner with Teresa and Lawrence. We prepared a smoked, brined turkey which melted in your mouth. It was brined in apple cider and was cooked with bacon surrounding it. We also made roasted vegetables (brussel sprouts, carrots and beets) which also tasted delicious. The potatoes were scallopped with aged gruyere cheese. It was a lot of work, but well worth it. The best part.... we had left overs and I didn't have to cook for a couple of days.
1 comment:
You failed to mention the delicious salad we had and the yummy cheesecake for dessert. Dinner was awesome.
Post a Comment