Friday, 27 January 2012

Day 2 - Florida Bound




We were up early.  There was a thunderstorm around 3:00 a.m. that woke us up but we were able to fall asleep again.  We were up around 6:00 a.m.  We enjoyed a nice breakfast and were on the road by around 7:00.  We drove straight through to Brunswick, Georgia.  We have about more hours of driving left so we aren't in any rush.  The weather was rainy when we left,  but cleared up nicely while we were driving. The temperature when went up to 20c, it was beautiful today.  We stopped in West Virginia at Bear - Heaven - a place that I had wanted to find.  I loved it there and picked up two teddy bears for the girls.  We had a nice dinner tonight at Mill House Steak Restaurant. The food was good.  They had the cheapest drink's I have ever seen.  A martini was $1.99.  Amazing.

2 comments:

Writers Block said...

Happy to see that you're having FUN FUN FUN

Lawrence and Teresa Simonse said...

Almost there. Weathers improving. What more could you ask for. Even time for some shopping.