Saturday, 13 August 2011

Osprey - The Toot

I woke up to the words..... go wake up Mommy. It seemed early to me. Why is Ralph sending Oakley to wake me up? Faithful dog that he is, Oakley came running into the bedroom and if he could I'm sure he would have jumped in bed with me. It was only 7:15, pretty early. I guess I'm not sleeping in today. Tea was made already and Ralph explained that we were going golfing. Golfing I asked? Yes, John and I talked this morning and we made plans to take you and Grace to Osprey in Alton. What about my gardening and housework? That will keep for another day. So off we went for a morning tee-off. It was a bit cool and they were calling for rain. I dressed too warmly for the day as it turned out to be very warm. The course was beautiful and very challenging! We loved it! We definately have to go back to this place. It's a Links style course with lots of fescue. If you didn't drive straight you could get into a lot of trouble.

We finished our afternoon with a snack at Millcroft Inn. On our way home we stopped and bought some field grown tomatoes. Yummy, they looked so good.

1 comment:

Writers Block said...

Golf and more golf---yes!! Nice photo!