Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Rain, rain, go away

Drip, drip.... what is that?  I look up at the sky as I am driving into work this morning.  It can't be raining?  It's my Ladies League golf day.  Grrrr.  The skies get darker and before you know it, it is pouring out.  It doesn't stop.  At noon it was raining cats and dogs.  I groan to my peers at work, that I wish the rain would stop!  I was really looking forward to going out golfing this afternoon.

The first email arrives.  It's from Claudia, followed shortly by Melinda. They both won't be golfing today.  Arja won't be able to join because she is travelling out East to see Amy and Marcel.  Teresa checks with the course and yes, they are open, but have about 2 inches of water on the west course and only have the east front nine open.  That's ok - we're game.

I leave work today at 3:00.  Teresa and I were on the road by 3:45 and met up with Grace at the course. It's empty - I think only 8 girls showed up.  It wasn't raining, and as a matter of fact, the sun came out and it got quite warm.  We played an amazing round of golf and very quickly.  No waiting today.  Yes it was a bit wet, but that didn't hinder us at all.  As a matter of fact, we played another 7 holes and only stopped because we thought they might be waiting to close the restaurant.  We all had great scores and were quite proud of ourselves.

I'm so glad that we decided to go! It was a fun evening.

No comments: