We are starting to see some positive numbers for the weather forecast. Notice how I said, starting to see.... Well Monday was suppose to be a comfortable temperature of 15c. I don't think it got there. We played golf and kept all our layers on. We played at Tigers Eye which is a beautiful course in North Carolina.
On Tuesday we went to Huntington for the day. It was pretty quiet at the park with very few birds around comparing to earlier in the year. I wonder if they have started migrating? We spent a fair amount of time waiting to see what might fly in. Eventually we headed back to the condo for a relaxing afternoon. I enjoyed a nice walk at the beach and for the first time walked barefoot in the ocean. The ocean is cold but after a while you get used to the temperature.
Wow it sure felt good to wear a golf skirt on Wednesday. We played at Founders Golf Club on Pawley's Island. It's a great course with many challenges. It was fun and an amazingly beautiful day.
We woke up to a deep fog on Thursday morning. The fog didn't really clear until around 2:30-3:00 in the afternoon. It was a good morning to do groceries and we spent the afternoon back at the condo. I went for a really nice walk as did Ralph taking advantage of the 70F degree weather. What a beautiful day. Since it was a quiet day I experiment a bit more with the ICM technique. I must say I am hooked on this and can't wait to experiment with it when we get home.
We enjoyed a nice sunset in the evening. While you wouldn't know it from the photo's, we had fog rolling in. I think it helped to produce the colours in the sky because to the naked eye it was very hazy.
Later in the evening, while the leaf's were not playing well, I went out onto the balcony to photograph the moon. It was really bright so I wasn't able to catch any detail in the actual moon so I opted for some starlight instead.
Friday was another golf day. We enjoyed a round at The Pearl in North Carolina. It's a beautiful course to play and with the weather being nice and warm it made for a really nice day. We had a later tee time and finished just after 5:00 p.m. It sure felt like a quick day. In the morning we drove to Sunset beach and enjoyed seeing the Eagle and Ospreys. It was hazy out making it difficult to get any crisp shots. We were surprised to see the Osprey sitting in the Eagle tree (at least that's what I like to call it).
 |
| Osprey |
 |
| Getting ready for takeoff (fluff those feathers) |
 |
| Takeoff |
 |
| Osprey |
Saturday was another beautiful day. We headed out to Huntington Beach for the day. To our great pleasure the Eagle came out and flew into the tree right alongside the Causeway. He/she sat there for over an hour and had quite a throng of photographers watching and waiting. Lol, sometimes it feels like we are the paparazzi with our cameras all ready. We all love to wait for that "takeoff" shot. By the time the Eagle flies, everyone is so tired of holding their cameras up to their eye (all their arms are sore from doing so), that he merrily flies off and we all miss the best shot. We laugh it off and say we'll get it the next time hah hah.
For the most part the park is getting more quiet with the ducks all leaving. It's migration time and they are starting to head north. There are still the Egrets, Ibis, Pelicans and some other birds which always offer enjoyment as well.




We have woken up most mornings this week to fog. No early morning sunrises as the ocean is blanketed with mist. Some mornings we hear the fog horn from the ships out on the ocean. Sunday was no exception. On our way home from church in the morning we could see that the fog had finally started to clear. I think it's the warmer weather causing this as the ocean temperatures are still pretty cold. It was a beautiful day for walking the beach. I found lots of sharks teether which really surprised me as I haven't seen much this year. Later in the afternoon the sky started to cloud over and the predictions of a thunderstorm with hail coming and high winds. I heard only 1 clap of thunder and noticed a temperature change but nothing major. I had hoped to capture some lightning but was happy to get some pictures of the different cloud formations. Stormy skies can be so beautiful.
It was another great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment