Today we decided to go to Kolob Canyon, which is part of Zion National Park. Its not as busy as Zion and offers many trails that you can hike along as well as a beautiful drive with many outlooks. It was a beautiful day for a hike so we decided to take the Taylor Creek hike which followed a stream and took you to a natural bridge (made from rock). The hike starts with a fairly steep climb down however there are stairs provided which are made from natural rock. The scenery was amazing while going down the stairs and the views of the mountain were incredible. Once you reach the bottom you start following a natural trail. It's rocky in spots and often crosses the stream itself (we were later told that you cross the stream 102 times during this hike) and our hiking shoes were soaked by the time we finished our walk. We weren't expecting it to be as far as it was and eventually I started getting concerned about my sugar levels. I encouraged Ralph to keep going to the end, while I turned backed and walked back to the truck. The hike itself was a 4 hour journey. I completed 3 hours while Ralph did the full 4 hours. We met lots of nice people along the way. Afterwards we enjoyed a nice lunch and then drove up to the top of the mountain and enjoyed the various lookouts. It's a beautiful area and well worth exploring.








No comments:
Post a Comment