It's been a while since I have updated my blog. Times seems to go by so fast. We've been enjoying this Cardinal this year. He has decided to make his home near our backyard and absolutely loves the mirror on the fence. I wake up hearing him jumping up and down at 5:00 am in the morning. When we are sitting in the kitchen he comes to the window looking for us. He loves to hear Ralph whistle and sings along with him. He has brought us so much joy this summer.
Ralph and Grace have been happily married for 45 years and currently reside in Dutton, Ontario. We have a beautiful daughter Laura who is married to Jason Van Meppelenscheppink. Jason and Laura have three beautiful children (Jordan, Hailey and Brody) and they currently live in St. Thomas. This blog is about our lives and how richly we have been blessed.
Sunday, 24 December 2023
Summer time
The gardens are doing well this summer. We've had a lot of rain which certainly has helped. My vegetables are suffering from an invasion of Rollie pollies (potato bugs). They keep eating the zucchini and also destroyed most of the potato plants that were in the ground. I've put oranges in the garden as a deterrent which seems to help but the crop for these two veggies will be minimal this year. My herbs and lettuce have been amazing which makes me very happy.
With all the rain we have gotten some beautiful flowers as well.
Ralph and I have been spending time at High Park this year enjoying the birds. It reminds me a little of Myrtle Beach and it's good practice for the winter time. I really enjoy our time there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















No comments:
Post a Comment