I've been waiting all month for the weather to get colder. Don't get me wrong, I love the milder temperatures that we have been having. I actually hope that the milder weather continues for the month of February as it makes the weeks go by quicker. I'm not saying I want time to pass by, but I do look forward to enjoying the back deck again.
The temperatures finally reached -14c. This was the magic number that I needed to get the bubbles to start to freeze. It still took a while and we had to battle the breeze but eventually I was able to successfully capture some pictures that I was happy with. The big challenge was focusing. Since a bubble is clear, I was required to manually focus. Looking through the viewfinder, I found myself mistakenly focusing on the back of the bubble rather than the front. It was a challenge to figure this piece out. Added to that, was that I couldn't wear mitts or gloves when doing this and it was pretty cold. My fingers were quick to stiffen in this weather.
As I was working on taking the pictures, my bubble solution actually started to freeze and became very gummy which meant I couldn't blow any bubbles. Hah hah, a good time to go inside and warm up with a coffee.
The mixture was hand made using a solution of 1 cup water, 4 tablespoons of dish soap, 1 tablespoon of glycerin and 1 tablespoon of sugar. It worked well.






2 comments:
That’s amazing! Pretty designs.
I think these are amazing! They look so fragile and the crystals are beautiful!
Post a Comment