Wednesday, 30 December 2020

Cat fight.....or should I say bird fight

 I must say that I have never seen this before.  Two birds going at each other in such an aggressive manner.  I've seen them courting, mating, chasing each other and feeding each other but this was something totally different. The aggression shown to each other was non stop for about 15 minutes.  

When you look at the photos below, pay attention to the leg on the bird underneath.  It is desparately trying to push the other bird off of him.  Notice how the bird was able to get the other one onto it's back in a submissive position.  While in this position the top one was pecking at the others face while the one on the bottom was frantically trying to push it off.





At one point I thought the bird was dead as it just stopped fighting.


All of a sudden it tried to get back onto it's feet surprising the other bird.




The fighting didn't stop, even while they were up in the air.  At one point a third (female) joined in to try to distract one of the birds and break up the fight.








I think he was trying to say.....and  you  stay away from my girl!! Do you understand me??










Well, that was my excitement for the week.  COVID restrictions are keeping us close to home although I am thankful that I can get out and walk on a daily basis.  It's time to think about taking down the Christmas decorations.  I've got a puzzel and a book on the go so there is lots to keep me busy.  Ralph is busy with renovations and making some beautiful changes in the house. I am so thankful that the weather has been mild.  God bless you  all.

1 comment:

Arja said...

That's interesting. I've never seen that either. I really like the last photo and the ones where the wings are spread out.