Thursday, 19 November 2020

Is it November already

Well!!  Where has the time gone?  It’s November already. It’s been a while since I have posted. If I am truthful which I should be, I think I’ve lost my mojo or my desire to post about things that give me joy. It’s been a hard couple of months with my Mom being ill and in the hospital and with dealing with everything  that COVID brings.

My Mom is nicely settled into Roberta Place.  This is an "assisted living" retirement home in Barrie and a very lovely place to live.  She is very happy here which I am so thankful for.  They are very careful with the Covid protocol which I think it really  good. It does pose a challenbge for visiting as the rules are constantly changing but we go with the flow.  I am so thankful that our family has been supportive in everything that has  been done to help get my Mom settled in.  It certainly was a challenge to find the right  home.  We contacted 19 residences and narrowed it down to a smaller number for visiting.   A few of us "sisters" visited with the homes and all agreed that Roberta Place was our #1 choice.  I never realized how much work was involved in finding a suitable  home.  I am thankful to God that he led us in the choice that was made.

Today marks the 7th week that Mom has been discharged from the hospital.  Wow!!  Where did the time go?  She  spent two weeks in quarantine where family members were able to visit and could spent the entire day with her (if they so desired).  Everyone took turns visiting and it most certainly made the transition go well. She is certainly blessed to have 7 children.  The quarantine went well and the time flew by quickly.  The last five weeks have been a period of adjustment.  For Mom it's getting used to the schedule of the dining room and also having an opportunity to explore  her new home.  There are lots of different rooms and areas to visit.  We showed Mom where the laundry  room is and how to work both the washing and drying machines.  She's so happy that she doesn't have to save "quarters" lol.

With Mom's agreement and the help of the entire family, we packed up her apartement at Tollendale a  few weeks ago.  What a blessing to have the whole family involved and to be able to do this all together was so nice.  The work went quickly and the apartememt was left nice and clean and ready for  showing for the next potential home owners.  Everyone went home with boxes to either distribute amongst family members or to review with  Mom.  It was a good learning for me and I'll be embarking on another cleanup/purging during the next couple of months.

I've been spending the last month  or so learning new skills in photoshop and also cleaning up old photos.  I've been working on this since COVID started.  A lesson learned...don't leave photo's without cataloging and deleting those pictutes that will never be used.  While digital photography is a real blessing, the fact that you can take unlimited pictures can be a curse as well. One day I'll be finished lol. I could probably get through the pictures more quickly but I do find that I get distracted.  I've been practicing using different backgrounds, blurring out portions of the  pictures (for a different effect) and in some cases adding a more "painterly" effect.







Today we played what will most likely be our final round of golf for the year.  We had a great time even though it was a little chilly.  We played at Black Diamond in PontyPool.  We were surprised to see the snow as we drove there but found that it melted quickly  when the sun came out.  We had a great day!









1 comment:

Arja said...

Beautiful photos, as usual, Grace! I don't know how you could move let alone golf in all those clothes!