We’ve been eating fresh lettuce with our meals and it is so sweet and just melts in your mouth. With. help from Grace Speelman I know how to pick the outside leaves and allow the lettuce to continue growing. It's thriving with the heat and seems to be doing really well.
Today I started harvesting the beans. Hmmm they look so good and plump. We’re going to have them for dinner tonight. I picked through 3 plants and took the largest beans off. I'll have to do more this week as there are quite a few beans that are ready. It's exciting to see how well tthe plants are growing and starting to produce the vegetables.
We spent a few days with John and Grace and went golfing. What fun we had. It was hot but we had plenty of water. At the Bay of Quinte course we saw a hawk with seagull in it's clutches. There were all sorts of seegulls in the air flying around and they seemed pretty agitated by the hawk. It looked like it was going to be a "big" meal for this bird.
We visited this really nice place that had these beautiful daylillies and hostas. It is called True North Daylilies. It was very inspirational to see and now we're thinking about where we could put a few of these beauties. They would need full sunlight. I think I might have just the place in the front garden.
While we were wandering through the garden, we saw a bird house made out of a gourd with a pheebee living in it. Hmmm, I have a gourd as well - maybe I can try that.
I think my gourd might be a little big but who knows maybe a bigger bird is looking for a nesting box lol.
We also saw a "bee bath" which I didn't take a picture of, but here is my version of if. It's simply a small bowl with rocks and water where the bee's can settle and get a drink. In this crazy hot weather, they need water as much as we do.


















No comments:
Post a Comment