I continue to enjoy the golfing and love seeing all the flowers while we're at the course.
We went up North for two days of golfing. While the weather didn't behave very well on the first day, it was still fun to get away for a mini vacation.
I continue to enjoy growing the vegetables but it is a never ending battle with squirrels and I am learning that the weather can affect them as well. My spinach was harvested today and gave me a small crop (enough to add to scrambled eggs). I will try planting more in September. Sadly it got too warm too quickly and they started shooting into flower. This morning I also see that some onions are starting to flower. This could have been caused by the cold snap that we had in May where we got that snow. We’ll see what happens. I have read that flowers can been added to your salads and still be enjoyed.
I feel the squirrels (or maybe raccoons) are winning in the lettuce battle. One of my pots is almost decimated. Tonight or early tomorrow I will cut the lettuce in the other pot and we can enjoy a a nice fresh salad for fathers day.
We were once again spoiled by a visit from the Coopers Hawk. It is so beautiful. Look at those eyes!! I was able to walk through the house with my camera out into the backyard and take this and many other pictures without it flying away. It definately is not as skittish as other birds are.
Last weekend we enjoyed a nice visit with the family to celebrate Fathers Day. It was so nice to see them. I miss our carefree gatherings and the hugs and kisses. Brody brought along a Robins nest to show me. I love how it is heart shaped!!
It was fun watching everyone interacting with the bird feeders. We had a good variety of visitors and they were must as curious as our family was.













1 comment:
We had some of your green onions with our breakfast yesterday. They seem more tasty and fragrant than the ones I buy in the grocery store. Thanks, Grace!
Post a Comment