Today's challenge was to play one hole with "one" club only, which was determined the night before by drawing from a deck of cards. Lawrence chose the 14th hole for this challenge. Ralph and Teresa played with their 5 woods while Lawrence and I used a Hybrid. I golfed with a 6 Hybrid and Lawrence used his 5 Hybrid. The scores were high with 3 of us scoring 8 and Ralph scoring 7. Hah, hah... it was fun. Congratulations Ralph for winning this challenge.
After we got back to the condo I went out for a walk along the beach. I photographed the shoreline from the balcony before I went for a walk You can see how disturbed the sand is. We 're not sure if this needs to be put back onto the beach as it appears very excessive in the shallow areas along the beach.
I had an opportunity to talk to this fisherman I saw as a was walking the beach. He had just successfully caught this "steel head" fish. He was a catch and release fisherman and let the fish go back into the water.
I also saw this jellyfish along the shore. While it doesn't look it, this was the size of of a volleyball, it was quite large. I only had my small camera with me so I couldn't get a lot of detail. Ralph thinks it's a Man of War. The flags on the beach are Red and Blue which means that you have to be cautious of rip currents and animals in the water (sharks and jelly fish). This is a good reminder of what lurks beneath the surface. I think I'll stick to walking along the beach and not swimming in the water.
On Wednesday evening we usually have a Golf Social. It was cancelled this year because so many golfers had cancelled their reservations. That's too bad as these are usually fun events to go to. De"Ann gave us tickets for drinks at the bar in the hotel since we were here. The tickets were for beer only so Ralph went to our room and brought Teresa and I a drink to enjoy since we don't enjoy beer. while he and Lawrence enjoyed the beer.
We enjoyed dinner at the Carolina Seafood and Steak restaurant. We spent a quiet evening together and go


















No comments:
Post a Comment