Saturday, 18 August 2018

Exploring my garden


I've fallen behind in my posts for the past couple of weeks.  With our truck being stolen and all the running around we've had to do, I haven't had a chance to get out with my camera.  Today was quiet in the afternoon so I thought I would take some time and see what I could discover.  The above was a fly that was sitting on the petal of one of my flowers.  I really dislike flies thinking that they are a real nuisance but when. you look at them close up you can see that they have been beautifully made by our Creator.  Isn't the colours on their body beautiful.  It almost looks like armour. They are a pretty amazing thing to look at.


Would you recognize this as a geranium?  Up close they have the most beautiful flower.  I had fun developing this one.  I really tried to emphasize the softness of the flower.

This past week we went away for a few days with John and Grace.  We golfed at a couple of beautiful courses and had a lot of fun together.  I didn't take that many pictures, but I did pull out my camera on the 18th hole as I loved the contrast of the colours of the deck chairs against the Club house.


I really enjoy watching the birds at the feeder.  Here is a young blue jay announcing his happiness at finding food.  It was fun sitting back and enjoying the show.  I had to set up my camera on a fast shutter speed to capture the movement as they are constantly moving.  Needless to say I had a few blurry shots but was happy with a few of the ones that I captured.




This photo was captured through the window at Carolyn's house.  I don't often see a female cardinal at our feeder so I was pretty excited to see this one.  Most of the body was hidden in the shadow of the feeder so I cropped it in close to focus on the face only.  She is enjoying a sunflower seed.


Driftwood can be very beautiful.  We often see it along the shoreline.  I wish that I could collect a great big pile of this and place it around the garden.  Wouldn't it be beautiful having vines growing through and around the dried up branches?

It was really nice to share some time with our granddaughters.  We really look forward to these visits and can't wait to be together again soon.


No comments: