This past summer Ralph and I were in Niagara and decided to try to take some Milky Way shots. This was a big challenge as we were surrounded by "light pollution". When we got home we had a look at our pictures and were pretty disappointed with the results. I tucked them away in Lightroom and promptly forgot about them.
While cleaning up some of my camera cards this afternoon I came across these pictures again and decided to try to improve the picture in Lightroom. I watched a few video's to get some ideas and set about trying to draw the Milky Way out in the sky. Below is my first attempt at cleaning it up.
It really is amazing because to the naked eye - we couldn't see the Milky Way. We were fully dependant on an APP that we had on our phone pointing us to the direction to take the picture. With so much light pollution (city lights) , it's just not possible to clearly see it.


1 comment:
Wow! What a difference! Beautiful!
Post a Comment