Tuesday, 28 November 2017

One person's garbage is another person's treasure

While driving home the other day I spied a wicker planter in someones garbage, tossed on it's side sitting by the road.  I couldn't help myself.  I stopped the truck and set it up straight and gave it look.  There was a few holes on the side, some of the wicker was missing but in my mind I saw a beautiful Christmas green's holder.   It would be perfect sitting on my back deck with lights twinkling in it.

Up went the back door and I loaded it in.  I could feel my mind racing.  Should I try to repair it first by teaching myself how to do wicker weaving or wait till the spring to do that?  I could spray paint it white and wait till it dried and then decorate it, or leave it as is and let the greenery enhance the planter.  The greenery won out.

So here is my new planter gracing the back deck.

Filling the planter with greenery

Figuring out how to hide the holes 

I guess the bow is a little big, but bow making is not my specialty lol.

Add a few lights to make it sparkle!!

1 comment:

Arja said...

Awesome, Grace! It looks beautiful! Great way to repurpose!