Ralph and I decided to go out again on Saturday morning. It was really cold for the first weekend of September. The temperature was sitting at 2c. Ralph was well equipped with gloves to keep warm. I wasn't that smart. By the time we had finished taking pictures my hands were frozen and I could hardly feel my fingers. I was so surprised at how cold it was. There was a very heavy fog. So heavy that we could hardly see in front of us. While driving (we went to the Marsh again) we could see that it was going to be a beautiful sunrise. In the Marsh with the heavy fog we couldn't see a thing. We weren't sure how our photos would turn out and were pleasantly surprised when we developed them.
Ralph and Grace have been happily married for 45 years and currently reside in Dutton, Ontario. We have a beautiful daughter Laura who is married to Jason Van Meppelenscheppink. Jason and Laura have three beautiful children (Jordan, Hailey and Brody) and they currently live in St. Thomas. This blog is about our lives and how richly we have been blessed.
Sunday, 3 September 2017
Holland Marsh Beauty
The last couple of days we have seen a change in the weather. Cooler mornings have arrived with warm Autumn days. This brings "fog" with it in the low lying areas and it makes beautiful photo's. On Friday I woke up early as Ralph was getting ready to go to work so I grabbed my camera and tripod and headed north. I wasn't sure where I was going but knew that I'd find something nice when I got there. I was excited to see the colour forming in the sky. It was pretty cool out with the temperature around 6c. There wasn't as much fog as I was expecting to see, but the sky was starting to show signs that it would be colourful. It was going to be an amazing sunrise and I wasn't disappointed. I started looking for a barn that I could use as a foreground shot but couldn't find what I was looking for. I started to worry that I might miss the most beautiful colours so I drove into the middle of the Holland Marsh. I set up my tripod and put a very dark neutral density filter on. This allowed me to keep my lens open longer and take advantage of the moving clouds. I was amazed at how the colour changed in the sky as time progressed. It really was beautiful.
Ralph and I decided to go out again on Saturday morning. It was really cold for the first weekend of September. The temperature was sitting at 2c. Ralph was well equipped with gloves to keep warm. I wasn't that smart. By the time we had finished taking pictures my hands were frozen and I could hardly feel my fingers. I was so surprised at how cold it was. There was a very heavy fog. So heavy that we could hardly see in front of us. While driving (we went to the Marsh again) we could see that it was going to be a beautiful sunrise. In the Marsh with the heavy fog we couldn't see a thing. We weren't sure how our photos would turn out and were pleasantly surprised when we developed them.
Ralph and I decided to go out again on Saturday morning. It was really cold for the first weekend of September. The temperature was sitting at 2c. Ralph was well equipped with gloves to keep warm. I wasn't that smart. By the time we had finished taking pictures my hands were frozen and I could hardly feel my fingers. I was so surprised at how cold it was. There was a very heavy fog. So heavy that we could hardly see in front of us. While driving (we went to the Marsh again) we could see that it was going to be a beautiful sunrise. In the Marsh with the heavy fog we couldn't see a thing. We weren't sure how our photos would turn out and were pleasantly surprised when we developed them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














1 comment:
Beautiful shots, Grace. I love the colours!
Post a Comment